Succulent red raspberries are perfectly showcased in these vegan Red Raspberry Crumble Bars where their ruby, sweet-tart flavors just shine right through!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (hulled)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dairy-free margarine
- 1 ½ tablespoons almond milk
- 2 cups red raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9 × 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- To make Crumbly Dough: In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, hemp seeds, cinnamon, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in margarine until crumbly. Stir in almond milk to make a crumbly dough.
- Pour about 2/3 of the crumbly dough into the bottom of the baking dish and pat down.
- To make Raspberry Filling: In a small bowl, toss together raspberries, lemon juice and 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar. Pour evenly over crumbly dough.
- Top with remaining crumbly dough, spreading out evenly over raspberries.
- Place uncovered in oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Slice into 9 squares and serve immediately. Store leftovers in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 51 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: vegan dessert, vegan crumble, raspberry crumble, healthy fruit dessert