Grill up these flavorful ears of fresh corn on the cob with a sesame, ginger, garlic marinade topped with cilantro.
- 4 ears of fresh corn on the cob, with husks
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Pull husks from the top of the ears of corn down to the cob, but do not remove them. Remove the corn silk and wash the ears of corn in water, drain.
- Mix sesame oil, vinegar, agave nectar, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, ginger, and garlic in a dish.
- Brush each ear of corn with one-fourth of the marinade (about 1 tablespoon each) and cover with the husks.
- Heat grill and place corn on it, turning it occasionally, for about 15 minutes, until tender and golden. Peel back husks and sprinkle corn with cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Makes 4 servings
Alternatively, roast corn by placing shucked corn in a baking dish, covering with marinade, and roasting in the oven at 400 F on top rack until golden brown. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 1 ear of corn
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 149 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: grilled corn on the cob, best corn on the cob