This healthy, plant-based (vegan) Strawberry Banana Coconut Baked Oatmeal recipe skips out on lots of added sugars and fats and boosts up the naturally sweet fruits and coconut to add wholesome, good flavors.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- Pinch salt (optional)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 13.5-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 small ripe bananas, sliced, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (may use frozen), divided
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place oats, baking powder, cinnamon, flax seeds, and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl. Add ¼ cup of the coconut, reserving the remaining for the topping. Stir together to combine.
- Stir in the light coconut milk, vanilla, and maple syrup to combine well.
- Gently fold in about ¾ of the bananas and strawberries, reserving the remainder for the topping.
- Spray an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the pan, and even out the surface with a spatula.
- Arrange remaining bananas and strawberries over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining coconut.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 45-50 minutes, until golden brown and firm.
- Remove from oven.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 32 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 10 g
Keywords: vegan baked oatmeal, baked oatmeal, baked oatmeal recipe