- 3 medium potatoes, peeled if desired
- 4 cups water
- 4 large tomatoes, slices into wedges
- ½ medium red or sweet onion, halved and sliced into rings
- ½ cup Sicilian olives, drained (see notes)
- 1 ½ tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- Place the potatoes and water in a pot, cover, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until tender but firm, about 25 minutes. Drain, remove, and let cool.
- Slice the potatoes into large chunks and place them in a large bowl wih the tomatoes, onions, olives, and capers. Toss together.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar and add the oregano. Toss to combine well. Serve immediately. (This salad is good served at room temperature or chilled.)
*Sicilian olives may be available at specialty food stores, often at an olive bar. If unavailable, substitute Kalamata olives.
*Star nutrients: Niacin (10% DV), Vitamin A (17% DV), Vitamin B6 (18% DV), Vitamin C (35% DV), Manganese (12% DV), Potassium (16% DV)
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 162 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g