This sparkling, satisfying Pomegranate Avocado Quinoa Salad, tossed with a light lemon olive oil vinaigrette, is packed with colorful seasonal produce and powerful nutrition.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups chopped fresh greens (i.e., kale, chard, spinach)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- To make salad, combine quinoa, pomegranate, pecans, avocado, greens, and basil in a medium bowl.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together lime or lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, pomegranate molasses, garlic, black pepper, and sea salt (optional) in a small bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad, combine well and serve immediately.
May substitute other nuts for pecans, such as pistachios (pictured above), walnuts, or almonds.
*Pomegranate molasses may be purchased at specialty Mediterranean food shops or online. If you can’t find it, substitute half balsamic vinegar and half maple syrup.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 24 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan salad, pomegranate salad, quinoa salad, healthy vegan salad