Make this super easy vegan sandwich, featuring chickpeas, hummus, arugula, cucumbers, and tomatoes, with only 6 ingredients in 5 minutes.
- 2 whole wheat pita breads (3 ounces each), cut in half
- 2 cups arugula leaves, loosely packed
- ½ cup prepared chickpea hummus
- 1 1/3 cups chickpeas, canned, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces (16 slices) sliced cucumbers
- 4 ounces (12) small cherry tomatoes
- Optional: ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, such as oregano, chives, rosemary, thyme, basil
To assemble pita sandwiches, fill each half as follows:
- Stuff the bottom of each pita half with ½ cup arugula leaves to form a bed of leaves.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons hummus over arugula.
- Fill with 1/3 cup chickpeas.
- Stuff 4 cucumber slices in pita.
- Top pita with 3 cherry tomatoes.
- May garnish with chopped herbs.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 134 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan sandwich, vegan wrap, vegan chickpea wrap