Make this super easy vegan sandwich, featuring chickpeas, hummus, arugula, cucumbers, and tomatoes, with only 6 ingredients in 5 minutes.
- 2 large (about 7-inches) whole wheat pita bread, cut in half
- 3 cups arugula leaves, lightly packed
- 1 cup prepared chickpea hummus (check out my recipe on how to make classic hummus here)
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 small Armenian cucumbers, sliced
- 8 ounces small cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (i.e., cilantro, basil, oregano, thyme)
- To fill each pita half:
- Stuff the bottom of each pita half with 3/4 cup arugula leaves to form a bed.
- Spoon 1/4 cup hummus over arugula.
- Fill with one-fourth (about 1/3 cup) chickpeas.
- Arrange cucumber slices (1/2 cucumber each) over pita fillings.
- Arrange 6 cherry tomatoes over pita fillings.
- Garnish with 2 tablespoons chopped herbs.
- Repeat process to make all four pita halves.
- Serve immediately, or chill until serving time.
- Makes 4 servings (1 pita half each)
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 540 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 58 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 13 g
Keywords: vegan sandwich, vegan wrap, vegan chickpea wrap