- One 16-ounce package (454 g) refrigerated whole grain pizza dough, or whole grain pizza dough prepared from a mix
- Cornmeal for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup (86 g) marinara sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup (112 g) shredded plant-based cheese (see Notes)
- 2 cups (62 g) mixed fresh arugula and baby spinach
- 1 ½ cups (224 g) fresh cherry tomatoes (yellow), halved
- ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ripe medium avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup (31 g) roasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Roll out the pizza dough to fit a 14-inch pizza pan or pizza stone. Sprinkle the pan or stone with cornmeal and fit dough on top.
- Spread the marinara sauce onto the dough and sprinkle the oregano and plant-based cheese over it. Place the pan or stone in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the crust is golden and firm to the touch.
- At the last minute before serving, remove the crust from the oven and top with the arugula and baby spinach, tomatoes, bell pepper, avocado, and pistachios. The greens will wilt quickly.
- Drizzle with the vinegar and olive oil. Serve immediately.
*Omit the plant-based cheese, if desired.
*Variation: Substitute other firm greens, such as baby kale or chopped collard greens, for the arugula and baby spinach.
*Nutrition Information Per Serving: 276 calories, 12 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 8 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 8 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 466 mg sodium
*Star Nutrients: vitamin C (28% DV), vitamin A (11% DV), vitamin K (19% DV), calcium (15% DV), iron (11% DV)
- Serving Size: 1 slice