I just love putting creative spins on hummus. Here’s a great example: pistachio hummus. It’s the perfect plant-powered dip or spread for sandwiches, veggies, and pita. Eat it with any meal or snack for heart health benefits. Check out my video on how to make it here.
Yields 8 servings
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, reserve liquid from can
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Add garbanzo beans, garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, and pistachios into food processor.
- Puree mixture and add just enough liquid from garbanzo beans until hummus reaches desired consistency.
- Serve with fresh veggies and pita bread cut into wedges.
Per serving – Calories: 88, Fat: 3 g, Saturated fat: <0.5 g, Protein: 2.5 g, Carbohydrates: 9 g, Fiber: 2.5 g, Sodium: 107 mg.