This hearty plant-based vegetarian English breakfast is based on baked beans, baked tomatoes, English muffins, and avocado slices.
- 1 medium tomato, sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon breadcrumbs (whole grain, vegan)
- Pinch seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup canned vegetarian beans in tomato sauce
- 2 whole grain English Muffins, toasted
- ½ avocado, sliced into 4 slices
- 2 lettuce leaves
- To prepare Baked Tomatoes: Preheat oven to 400 F. Place halved tomatoes on a baking sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle each half with 1/2 teaspoon bread crumbs, pinch seasoning salt, 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes, until browned on top yet still firm.
- Heat baked beans.
- Toast English muffins.
- To assemble, place one baked tomato half on a dinner plate, dish up 1/2 cup heated vegetarian baked beans into a small dish and place on plate, place 2 toasted English muffin halves on the plate, and garnish with 2 avocado slices and a lettuce leaf.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 422
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 998 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 75 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 17 g
Keywords: vegan breakfast, vegan english breakfast, english breakfast