Skip those sugar-sweet, fake margarita mixes, and make up your own with just four whole ingredients: fresh strawberries and lemons, agave syrup, and silver tequila—oh and ice cubes.
- Place sliced strawberries in a shaker container or pitcher.
- Muddle with a muddler or masher to mash the berries, but do not liquify them.
- Add lemon juice, agave syrup, and silver tequila.
- Add a few ice cubes to the container and shake or mix well.
- If desired, rim the glasses with cinnamon sugar. Run a sliced lemon along the edge of the glass to moisten it. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small dish. Dip the rim of the glasses in the mixture and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Fill the glasses with ice cubes and add the margaritas to the glass. Makes two large servings (about 1 1/4 cups per serving) or four small servings (about 2/3 cup per serving)
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: margarita, strawberry margarita, alcoholic beverage, alcohol drink