These nutritious, no-added sugar energy bites require no baking, and are filled with nutrition to fuel your child’s day.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened, divided
- 1 4-ounce pouch Sprout Organic Strawberry Apple Beet Red Beans
- 10 small dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place oats, chia, cinnamon, and ¼ cup coconut in the container of a food processor. Process for a few minutes, until ingredients are finely ground.
- Add pouch of Sprout Organic Strawberry Apple Beet Red Beans, dates, almond butter, and vanilla and process until smooth. May need to stop and scrape down sides while processing (makes a thick batter).
- Pour mixture into a bowl and chill for about 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into small balls by shaping them with your hands.
- Place 1/4 cup coconut on a dish and roll each ball into the coconut. Refrigerate until serving time. Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 16 bites
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 28 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: vegan energy balls, kid-friendly energy balls