This classic recipe for heartfelt, home-made, hand-decorated Vegan Sugar Cookies is perfect for holidays and special treats for kids of all ages.
- 1 ½ tablespoons egg replacer (i.e., Ener-G)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened, plain plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dairy-free margarine spread
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- Mix egg replacer, 3 tablespoons plant-based milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Mix in margarine and sugar.
- Stir in flour just until combined. Add additional plant-based milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, just to make a smooth dough that is not sticky.
- Form dough into a circle, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and roll out dough to ¼-inch thickness using a rolling pin that has been dusted with flour.
- Cut out dough into desired shapes using cookie cutters that have been lightly floured.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet, allowing space to spread slightly.
- Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes, just until surface starts to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make icing: place powdered sugar in a small dish; add vanilla, and mix in just enough plant-based milk to make a smooth, spreadable consistency.
- Decorate cookies with icing and decorations as desired.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie with icing
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 42 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: vegan sugar cookie, sugar cookie, vegan cookie