A plant-powered spinoff from the classic White Chocolate Macadamia cookies, my cookie recipe is modest in sugar, and packed with the power of chia, flax, coconut, and almond flour!
- 1 ½ tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ tablespoon flax seed, ground
- ¼ cup plant-based milk (i.e. soy, coconut, almond)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup dairy-free margarine
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 ½ cups flour (may substitute white whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour blend)
- ½ cup almond meal flour
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dairy-free white chocolate chips or broken dairy-free white chocolate (available at natural food stores or online)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together chia, flax and milk in a bowl with an electric mixer (or mix vigorously with a wire whisk) for 2 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla, margarine and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in baking powder, soda, salt, and flours only until smooth.
- Stir in macadamia nuts, coconut, and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Makes 2 dozen cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 125 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: vegan cookie, white chocolate macadamia cookie, vegan white chocolate macadamia cookie