- 1/2 cup soft dairy-free margarine spread, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1–1/2 teaspoons egg replacer
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup diced dates
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or broken dark chocolate pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Mix together margarine, vanilla, and agave in a small bowl.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and egg replacer in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture and mix well to form a crumbly dough.
- Stir in the walnuts, dates, and chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into walnut-sized balls and place about 3 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
These cookies store very well in an airtight container in the freezer.
This recipe is from The Plant-Powered Diet by Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 122
- Sodium: 82 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g