This healthy, vegan Persimmon Spice Oat Snack Cake is a mixture between cobbler and cake—filled with the flavors of ripe persimmons, whole grains, spices, hemp and chia seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- 1 cup plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 medium ripe persimmons
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk plant-based milk, oil, chia seeds, coconut palm sugar, and vanilla together with an electric mixer.
- Slice persimmons in half, remove seeds, and scoop out flesh into the bowl. Mix well until mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, oats, hemp seeds, baking powder, spice and salt, stirring only until well combined.
- Stir in pumpkin seeds and raisins.
- Spray a 9×9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour dough in baking dish, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (if desired).
- Place cake in the oven and bake for about 55-60 minutes, until cooked through.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Slice into 9 squares.
To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute gluten-free flour blend for the whole wheat flour.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 28 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: persimmon cake, vegan cake, vegan dessert