These pretty little, dainty cookies can be made with only a few ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now! Just roll them up, bake them, dust them with powdered sugar—and then watch them disappear.
- 1 cup all purpose wheat flour
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup ground pecans (consistency of coarse sand)
- ¼ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest (finely grated fresh orange peel)
- ½ cup vegan margarine sticks, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, powdered sugar, ground pecans, coconut, and orange zest with a wooden spoon.
- Cut in vegan margarine with a fork. Add vanilla. Continue to blend with a fork until cookie dough is smooth and holds together.
- Chill cookie dough for about 1 hour, until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Roll cookie dough into small balls (about 1 ½ inches in diameter) with hands. Place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until starts to turn golden on edges.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly.
- Place ¼ cup powdered sugar in a small dish, and roll cookies in powdered sugar while warm.
- Serve immediately.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free flour blend instead of all purpose flour.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookies
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 57 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: vegan cookies, easy vegan cookies, orange button cookies, vegan baking