Meal prep this healthy, delicious combination based on white beans, carrots, cauliflower, sorghum, pistachios, kale, and Mediterranean herbs.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup whole grain sorghum, uncooked
Roasted Vegetables and White Beans:
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 15.5-ounce can white beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt (as desired, optional)
- 4 cups baby kale
- ½ lemon, sliced into 4 wedges
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add sorghum, cover, and simmer over medium for about 45 minutes, until just tender. Remove from burner. Drain any remaining liquid.
- While sorghum is cooking, prepare roasted vegetables and white beans.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- On a baking sheet, arrange a thin layer in vertical sections of: carrots slices, green bell pepper slices, red onion slices, white beans, and cauliflower florets.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice evenly over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the vegetables evenly with: oregano, garlic powder, parsley, rosemary, black pepper, and sea salt (if desired).
- Mix the seasonings into the vegetables with tongs (or your hands) to distribute well.
- Place on top rack of the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Remove from the oven.
- To meal prep/prepare each salad: In a glass rectangular container, arrange kale, and top with one-fourth of the cooked sorghum and one-fourth of the roasted vegetables and white beans. Garnish with roasted pistachios. Add a lemon wedge. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- To serve, squeeze lemon wedge over salad and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 454
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 78 g
- Fiber: 14 g
- Protein: 19 g
Keywords: meal prep, vegan meal prep, healthy meal prep