I love to make my own home-made cranberry relish for the holidays. This recipe—featuring dried cranberries—is super easy. I adapted it from a recipe from California Walnuts, which I will be demonstrating on the Hallmark TV Channel Home & Family Show for the holidays.
You can watch the episode from The Hallmark Channel here.
Yields 8 servings
- ½ cup California Zinfandel wine (or any red wine)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small blood or navel orange
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (optional)
- ⅔ cup toasted coarsely chopped California walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- In a small pan, bring 1/2 cup Zinfandel to a simmer.
- Add the dried cranberries, remove from heat, cover the pan, and let stand until wine is absorbed (about 15-20 minutes).
- While the cranberries rest, peel and remove the white pith from the orange. Holding the orange above a bowl, slice the sections of orange and drop them into the bowl.
- Add the cranberries, agave syrup, walnuts, parsley, and black pepper.