- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together the apple, plant-based milk, canola oil, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the cinnamon, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, dates, and walnuts and stir until just combined, being careful not to overwork the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Place in the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
To store the muffins in the freezer, let them cool completely, then seal them in an airtight container or bag, and freeze. To serve, remove the muffins ahead of time and allow to thaw, or heat them for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 205
- Sodium: 156 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g