- 1/2 small ripe avocado, peeled, sliced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 ½ tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup soy milk, plain
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour*
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 small zucchini (or other summer squash), shredded (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl (electric mixer works well), combine avocado, vegetable oil, agave nectar, chia, flax, vanilla, and soy milk. Mix for 1 minute. Allow to rest for 2 minutes to thicken.
- Add wheat flour, walnuts, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and baking soda and mix only until smooth.
- Stir in shredded zucchini chocolate chips.
- Spray muffin pans with nonstick spray. Fill with batter about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until baked through. Makes a dense, moist muffin.
- Makes 8 muffins.
*Substitute wheat flour with almond meal or sorghum flour to make this gluten-free.
May add: 1 tablespoon wheat germ or hemp seeds for extra nutrients
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 171 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: muffins, chocolate, power muffin, healthy muffins