- 2 cups assorted baby lettuce leaves
- 1 small bunch purslane
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or 1 large tomato, sliced)
- 1 cup olives (Greek, Sicilian, or Italian)
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- Place lettuce greens in a salad bowl or platter.
- Clean purslane and remove leaves. Add to lettuce greens.
- Add olives, and tomatoes. Mix gently.
- Add tomatoes, olives, and capers.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately.