This super simple, satisfying, plant-based, gluten-free salad recipe is a breath of fresh air—just steam potatoes and green beans, then toss them with a mustard-olive oil vinaigrette with handfuls of fresh herbs.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed into 2 to 3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained
- 3 green onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (i.e., basil, oregano, dill, parsley, marjoram)
Mustard Olive Oil Vinaigrette:
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cover, cooking for 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add green beans to the pot, cover, and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until potatoes are tender yet firm, and green beans are crisp-tender yet bright green.
- Remove potatoes and green beans from pot, place in colander, and rinse with cold water, then drain and allow to cool.
- While potatoes and green beans are cooking, add capers, green onions, and herbs to a large bowl.
- Prepare vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, oregano, black pepper, and salt (optional) in a small dish.
- Add cooled green beans and potatoes to the salad bowl, and toss with the vinaigrette. May serve warm or chilled.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 124 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: vegan salad, green bean salad, green bean potato salad