- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained (or use cooked heirloom beans)
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (may substitute with an antioxidant oil blend)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (try fennel seeds for a twist in flavor)
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked red paprika (or substitute with ground chipotle peppers)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rainbow quinoa, uncooked (or try amaranth)
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- On a baking sheet, arrange a thin layer in vertical sections of: carrots slices, green bell pepper slices, red onion slices, chickpeas, and cauliflower florets.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice evenly over the vegetables.
- In a small dish, mix together cumin seeds, smoked red paprika, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt, and coconut palm sugar. Sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly over the vegetables.
- Place on top rack of the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and tender. Remove from the oven.
- While vegetables are roasting, prepare quinoa. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add quinoa and vegetable bullion, cover, and simmer over medium for about 15 minutes, until tender. Remove from burner.
- To prepare meal prep 4 ways: Divide the roasted vegetables and cooked quinoa among 4 rectangular glass containers with toppings as follows:
- Vegetable, Chickpea Quinoa Power Bowl: In a glass rectangular container, arrange cooked quinoa, top with roasted vegetables and chickpeas, and sprinkle with hemp seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Reheat in the microwave or enjoy cold.
- Chickpea Quinoa Kale Salad: In a glass rectangular container, arrange chopped kale, top with roasted vegetables and chickpeas, cooked quinoa, and hemp seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Vegetable Chickpea Quinoa Wrap: In a glass rectangular container, arrange 1 tortilla or wrap. Top with a layer of quinoa, roasted vegetables and chickpeas, and hemp seeds. Roll the tortilla around the mixture, cover, and refrigerate until serving time. Reheat in the microwave or enjoy cold.
- Roasted Vegetable Chickpea Pasta: In a glass rectangular container, arrange cooked lentil pasta, vegetables, quinoa, sun-dried tomatoes, and hemp seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Reheat in the microwave or enjoy cold.
- Garnish with fresh herbs as desired (cilantro, parsley, basil). To enjoy, simply reheat in the microwave or serve the meals cold. Toss together with a fork before eating. Store below 40 degrees F for up to 5 days before eating.