- 1 ¼ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup plain, unsweetened, soymilk
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 5 ounces (4 cups tightly packed) fresh, baby spinach leaves
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 15-ounce container extra firm tofu, drained, cubed
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened soymilk
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons whole grain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix flour, flax seeds, and salt (optional) together. Stir in ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil and ¼ cup soymilk and mix to form a dough. Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie dish. Pierce with a fork and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 6 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms, and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add fresh spinach leaves, black pepper, salt (optional), mustard, paprika, oregano, and turmeric and sauté for about 2 minutes, just until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Place tofu, ½ cup soymilk, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce in a blender container and process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Stir blended tofu into the spinach mixture.
- Fill pie shell with spinach tofu filling. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and return to oven. Bake for an additional 50 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Slice into 8 servings. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 274 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 14 g