- 4 cups packed mixed baby greens
- 2 cups packed assorted micro-greens
- 2 cups sliced baby beets, cooked and chilled
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Arrange the baby greens in a salad bowl or on a platter. Top with the micro-greens.
- Arrange the beets on top of the micro-greens and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and walnuts.
- Whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, black pepper, and garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve immediately.
- Makes 4 (2 1/4-cup) servings.
If you don’t have time to cook fresh beets for this recipe, use drained canned beets (preferably with no added salt) or refrigerated cooked beets, which are available in many supermarkets.
Recipe from The Plant-Powered Diet: The Lifelong Eating Plan for Achieving Optimal Health, Beginning Today, copyright © Sharon Palmer, 2012. Reprinted by permission of the publisher, The Experiment.
- Serving Size: 2 1/4 cups
- Calories: 152
- Sodium: 160 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g