It’s easy to roast beets—just wash them, slice them, and drizzle with lemon and EVOO. Voila, an amazing side dish!
- 1 bunch (5 beets) fresh beets, gold, pink or red
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Trim the beet greens and reserve them for later—they are delicious cooked as you would any leafy green. Scrub the surface of the beets with a vegetable brush, trim away rough spots with a paring knife, and slice thinly.
- Place beets in a baking dish.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper (as desired) in a small dish.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over beets.
- Roast at 400 F on the top rack of the oven for about 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until tender and golden brown. Makes 2 servings.
- Category: Side dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 160 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: how to roast beets, roasted beets