This satisfying vegan Sesame Tempeh Grain Bowl is filled to the brim with tempeh, brown rice, crunchy radishes, baby kale, asparagus, mushrooms, and peppers, with a topping of tahini ginger dressing for bold flavor.
Sesame Roasted Tempeh:
- 1 (8-ounce) package plain tempeh, cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
Tahini Ginger Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- Optional Garnish: smoked paprika
- To make Sesame Roasted Tempeh: Place cubed tempeh in a medium dish. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha sauce, agave syrup, garlic, and ginger. Stir well, cover, and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400 F. Place tempeh on a baking sheet, spreading out evenly. Place in top rack of oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crisp on outside. Remove from oven and cool.
- To make Tahini Ginger Dressing: Mix together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- To make Buddha Bowls: In four large individual-sized serving bowls, arrange each with ½ cup baby kale, 2 sliced radishes, ½ cup brown rice, ½ cup asparagus, ½ cup sliced red bell peppers, ¼ cup mushrooms, and 2 ounces sesame roasted tempeh. Drizzle each bowl with 2 tablespoons of the tahini ginger dressing. Garnish each with 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
*To blanch asparagus, place fresh asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes, remove from water and drain immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: vegan bowl, vegan sesame bowl, vegan buddha bowl