This fruit-forward, seasonal Cranberry Apple Hazelnut Crumble is easy as can be, plus it’s low in sugar, packed with whole grain goodness, and is completely plant-based (vegan).
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries, unsweetened
- 3 medium apples, peeled, sliced
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
Whole Grain Crumble Topping:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add cranberries and apples to a 9-inch pie dish. Add the zest and juice of one orange and the brown sugar, and toss well.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, flour, hazelnuts, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and salt (optional). Stir in oil with a fork to make a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over cranberry apple filling and bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown.
To make this recipe gluten-free. substitute gluten-free flour blend for the whole wheat flour.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: cranberry crumble, hazelnuts, fruit forward dessert, vegan dessert