Shaved Brussels sprouts are a great way to showcase new textures and flavors in a salad, especially this Thai-inspired Coconut Curry Brussels Sprout Salad.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups papaya, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons sesame or peanut oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ small jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium, gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup coconut granola
- To make salad, shave Brussels sprouts: trim ends, and slice very thinly vertically with a knife or mandolin. (You can also find pre-shaved Brussels sprouts in some markets, too.) Place shaved Brussels sprouts, cilantro, green onions, and papaya in a large salad bowl.
- To make vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, red chili flakes, jalapeno, agave nectar, soy sauce, and curry powder until smooth.
- Toss dressing into the salad and combine well.
- Top with coconut granola. Serve immediately.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American, Thai
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 178 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: healthy salad, vegan salad, curry salad