- Place olive oil in a medium pot and heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil for 9 minutes.
- Add brown rice and toast it for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add crushed tomatoes, water, bullion cube, chipotle seasoning, and salt (optional).
- Stir well, cover with a lid, and bring to a simmer. Cook over medium heat about 1 hour, until liquid is absorbed and grains are tender. May add additional water to replace water lost to evaporation as needed.
Instant Pot Instructions: Place all ingredients in the container of an Instant Pot, secure lid, and press “Rice” setting. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 152 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 65 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chipotle, tomato rice, vegan side dish