This light and healthy vegan, gluten-free salad features Japanese shirataki noodles with a delicious sesame, ginger dressing—whip it up in just 15 minutes.
- 1 8-ounce package, tofu shirataki noodles, spaghetti cut
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Ginger Sesame Dressing:
- Open packages of noodles and place in colander to drain liquid. Bring a medium pot of water to boil and place noodles in the water, cover and boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain and rinse in the colander, cooling.
- Add cooled noodles to a large salad bowl and mix in bell pepper, cabbage, cucumber, green onions, chickpeas, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredeints in a small dish.
- Toss salad with dressing to distribute well. Chill until serving time.
- Makes 8 servings (about 2/3 cups each)
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Asian, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 242 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: vegan salad, shirataki noodle salad, vegan noodle salad