This healthy, plant-based, gluten-free Mississippi Caviar is packed with vibrant flavors, compliments of beans, veggies, herbs, and spices—serve it as a dip, appetizer, or side salad for your favorite dishes.
- 1 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 2 small plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper (green, red, orange, or yellow), diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- Mix together peas, beans, corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, and onion in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together lemon juice and zest, vinegar, olive oil, paprika, oregano, cumin and salt (if desired). Toss into vegetable mixture.
- Chill until serving time.
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 228 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: vegan dip, mississippi caviar, best vegan dip