This super-healthy, super-delicious, plant-based, vegan banana bread is packed with the goodness of whole grains, nuts, and seeds.
- 3 ripe medium bananas, peeled, mashed
- ½ cup soymilk, plain, unsweetened
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut, unsweetened, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons pistachio nuts
- 3 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together bananas, soymilk, vegetable oil, chia seeds, vanilla, and sugar for two minutes. For best results, use an electric mixer.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, mixing only until well combined.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 65 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove, cool slightly before slicing.
- Slice into 12 slices.
You may substitute other nuts and seeds for those listed, such as sesame, hazelnuts, pecans, flax, and pumpkin seeds.
To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute gluten-free flour blend for whole wheat flour.
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 60 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: vegan banana bread, whole grain banana bread, banana bread