Get this delicious, savory, vegan noddle skillet—filled with rice noodles, tempeh, veggies, and spices—on the table in under 30 minutes.
Stir-Fried Vegetables and Tempeh:
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces tempeh, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 bunch greens, chopped (i.e., mustard, spinach, or chard)
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk, stir well before measuring
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 cups water
- 8 ounces uncooked Asian brown rice noodles (i.e., pad Thai noodles)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
- To make the stir-fried vegetables and tempeh: Heat sesame oil in a large skillet or wok and sauté pepper, mushrooms, tempeh, garlic, ginger, and greens for 8 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, make the sauce: Mix together coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, red chili flakes, soy sauce, peanut butter, agave syrup, and lime juice in a bowl until smooth and set aside.
- Make the noodles: Bring the water to a boil and add brown rice noodles, cooking according to package directions (about 2 minutes). Do not overcook. Rinse and drain noodles and immediately add to the skillet along with the sauce and chopped greens.
- Stir together gently, until heated through and greens are wilted (about 1-2 minutes). Do not overcook.
- Garnish with toppings: chopped green onions, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve immediately.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Asian, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 377 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 15 g
Keywords: vegan skillet, thai skillet, easy vegan dinner, one dish meal