This Sweet Potato Corn Salad pairs unique colorful plant foods that are traditional in the Native American diet to create a star-turning, hearty salad.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1 avocado, peeled, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (yellow, red, orange)
- 1 cup fire-roasted corn, frozen, defrosted
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (green, red, yellow, orange), diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 cups fresh kale, finely chopped
Chili Lime Vinaigrette:
- Place sweet potatoes in a small pot with water and cook until just tender but firm (about 15 minutes). Drain and place in a large mixing bowl, allowing to cool.
- When cool, add avocado, tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, and kale to cooled potato mixture, combining gently.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and toss into potato corn mixture.
- Serve immediately or chill until serving time.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 283 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg