Learn how to make this easy, 15-minute, vegan Sriracha Sesame Breakfast Tofu Sandwich for your next delicious weekend breakfast.
- 1 15-ounce package extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (may decrease or increase according to spice preference)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 4 slices of tomato
- ½ cup green and red baby lettuce leaves
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Drain tofu and slice in half lengthwise, and in half crosswise, to create 4 rectangular pieces. Place in a small baking dish.
- Mix together soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sriracha sauce, and sesame seeds. Drizzle over tofu.
- Place tofu on top rack of oven and cook for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- While tofu is baking, place bread slices on a small baking sheet and place in oven to toast for 3-5 minutes, until browned and crisp.
- To arrange sandwiches, place one toast on a serving dish, layer with one-fourth of the lettuce leaves, 1 slice of baked tofu, and top with 1 slice tomato. Repeat to make 4 open face sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
Bake the tofu the day before and refrigerate until the next morning to make this recipe in minutes. Simply pop the bread slices in the toaster and serve tofu warm or cold with the tomatoes and lettuce leaves on the breakfast sandwich.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 283 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: breakfast, breakfast sandwich, tofu recipe, best breakfast sandwich