This Thai-inspired Snow Pea Carrot Salad with Mint Green Tea Vinaigrette is easy as 1, 2, 3—and it’s oh-so-special thanks to this flavorful vinaigrette, which calls upon the astringency of green tea and freshness of mint.
Mint Green Tea Vinaigrette:
- 2 mint green tea bags
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 ½ tablespoons sesame seed oil
- ½ teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- Pinch salt (optional)
- Drizzle red hot chili oil (optional)
- 4 cups chopped greens (i.e., kale, collard, spinach, arugula)
- 2 medium (about 3.5 ounces each) carrots, shredded
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, cut in half
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- To make vinaigrette: Steep teabags in hot water in a small dish for about 1 hour. Squeeze tea out of tea bags. Whisk in sesame seed oil, agave syrup ginger, crushed red pepper, and a pinch of salt (optional). Drizzle with red hot chili oil, if desired.
- To make salad: Toss together greens, shredded carrots and snow peas in a large salad bowl. Toss in vinaigrette. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately.
- Makes 8 servings (about 1 1/4 cups each).
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Asian, American
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup (with dressing)
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 27 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: vegan salad, easy salad, healthy vegan salad