- 4 slices rustic bread (i.e. ciabatta, Italian, whole grain)
- 1 large ripe avocado (must be ripe)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt (to taste, optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toast sliced bread in a toaster oven or top rack of the oven (400 F) until light golden and crunchy (about 5 minutes).
- Split avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop out center of each avocado half with a spoon and place it in a small bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and add garlic, lemon juice, salt (optional), and freshly ground black pepper and combine well.
- Spread the avocado (dividing evenly, about 3 tablespoons each) on slices of toast, sprinkle with additional sea salt and black pepper if desired.
- Add suggested toppings if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 slice each
- Calories: 224
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 239 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg