Learn how to make a delicious, nutritious, portable Mason Jar Salad filled with chickpeas, barley, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, kale, and hemp seeds, with a flavorful turmeric vinaigrette.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small turmeric root (about 1-inch), finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup barley, cooked, chilled
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 4 cups baby kale
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
You will need:
- 4 16-ounce Mason jars with lids
- To make the Turmeric Vinaigrette: Mix lemon juice, shredded turmeric root, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small dish.
- Divide the dressing among 4 Mason jars (about 1 ½ tablespoons per jar), and add to the bottom of the jar.
- For the next layer, arrange one-fourth of the sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and radishes in each jar.
- Add ¼ cup cooked barley as the next layer.
- Add one-fourth (about 1/3 cup) of the chickpeas as the next layer.
- Pack in one cup of the kale in each jar.
- Sprinkle each jar with 1 tablespoons hemp seeds.
- Screw on the lid and refrigerate until serving time.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: vegan salad, vegan mason jar salad, mason jar salad