Toss together this flavorful, plant-based (vegan), uber delicious Lemon Basil Pasta Salad in 10 minutes with only 8 ingredients.
- 1 pound penne pasta, uncooked
- Boiling water
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (yellow, orange, or red), sliced in half
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 cup olives, whole, drained (i.e., Sicilian, Greek)
- ½ cup pistachios, shelled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Lemon Olive Oil Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- To make pasta: Cook penne pasta in boiling water, according to package directions, until al dente (about 9 minutes). Rinse in cold water and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, add tomatoes, shallot, olives, pistachios, and fresh basil to a large bowl. Add drained, cool pasta to the bowl.
- To make vinaigrette: In a small dish, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, sea salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette into the pasta salad and combine well. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until serving time.
- Makes about 2 quarts; 10 (about 3/4 cup) servings.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 316 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: best vegan pasta salad, healthy pasta salad