- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small trimmed leek (7 ounces, 1 cup), well-rinsed sliced
- 3 small carrots (6 ounces total, 1 ½ cups), sliced
- 3 stalks celery with leaves (6 ounces total, 2 cups), sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms (3 cups), sliced
- 7 cups water
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup dried pearled barley
- Place all ingredients in the container of the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Cover and close shut.
- Set it for “Soup” (30 minutes).
- When the Instant Pot soup setting is done, release pressure by opening the valve, and unlocking the lid.
- Open lid and allow to cool.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 10 cups, about 10 1-cup servings.
*To make this soup on the stove, place all ingredients in a large pot, stir well, cover with a tightly fitting lid, and cook for about 1 hour. May need to replace liquid lost to evaporation.
*To make this soup in a Slow Cooker, place all ingredients in a Slow Cooker container, stir well, cover, and cook on high setting for 4 – 6 hours or low setting for 8 – 10 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 41 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: instant pot, vegetable soup, barley soup, vegan soup