- 5 medium (6 ounces each) potatoes, peeled, halved
- Water, as needed
- 1 ½ tablespoons dairy-free margarine
- ½ –2/3 cup plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened (i.e., soymilk)
- Salt and pepper (optional, as desired)
- Place peeled, halved potatoes in the Instant Pot and add enough water just to cover.
- Secure Instant Pot lid and select the Manual/Pressure Cook setting button to cook for 10 minutes, according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Use the quick release button and check for doneness. The potatoes should be tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- Drain water from pot, and mash the potatoes using a potato masher or electric mixer (for just a few seconds). Add dairy-free margarine, and enough plant-based milk to make a smooth, creamy mashed potato, according to your texture preference. Season with and salt and pepper (if desired).
- Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup each)
To make this recipe without an Instant Pot, cook potatoes in steps 1-3 in a covered medium pot over the stove. Follow steps 4-5.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 21 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: vegan mashed potatoes, instant pot potatoes