This vegan, light in sugar Dark Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti recipe is packed with flavor and the delicious health benefits of dark chocolate and whole grains.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup soy milk, plain, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup dairy-free margarine spread
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cups white flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup pistachios, shelled
- Mix chia seeds, soymilk, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix margarine and sugar in an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add chia seeds-soymilk mixture and mix until smooth.
- Stir together flours, corn starch, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt (optional) and mix well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to electric mixer bowl, and mix until smooth. Should make a stiff dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pistachios by hand.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide into two equal parts. On parchment paper, roll out each piece of dough to approximately 4-inches wide by 11-inches long by 1-inch thick.
- Place the parchment paper with dough on baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 300 F. Remove dough from oven, and allow to cool slightly. Slice into ½-inch thick strips and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets with cut side up.
- Bake at 300 F for about 8 minutes, turn over to other side and bake for about 8 minutes, until slightly dry and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool, and store in airtight containers.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 biscotti
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 22 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Keywords: dark chocolate dessert, pistachio biscotti, vegan biscotti, vegan dessert