Learn how to cook with yacon, this exotic, healthy root vegetable from the Andes.
- 2 yacon, peeled, sliced into matchstick strips
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby kale leaves
- 3 mandarin oranges, segmented (may substitute with 1 cup canned, drained)
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh fennel fronds
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place sliced yacon in a medium salad bowl.
- Immediately drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil and toss together to prevent from browning.
- Add kale, oranges, mint, fennel fronds, pumpkin seeds, garlic, cumin, black pepper and sea salt (optional). Toss together well.
- Chill until serving time.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: South American
Keywords: vegan salad, yacon salad, yacon