This Oat Cranberry Pilaf is so simple, nutritious and flavorful! It’s the perfect holiday dish. You can even serve it for a savory breakfast.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery with leaves, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1 cup fresh whole cranberries (or canned)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats, gluten-free
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add onions, celery and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, parsley, turmeric, marjoram, black pepper and pistachios, and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat oven to 350 F.
- Add cranberries, maple syrup, broth and oats, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake on top rack for 25 minutes, until golden and tender.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 160 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 8 g
Keywords: oat, pilaf, cranberry