This hearty plant-based, gluten-free Persimmon Brown Rice Arugula Salad with Tahini Dressing is essentially a meal-in-one; it’s filled with crisp persimmons, making it perfect for fall or winter.
- 3 cups arugula, lightly packed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 3 firm barely ripe fuyu persimmons, sliced
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Mix together the arugula, rice, persimmons, chickpeas, and pistachios in a salad bowl.
- Toss together the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, smoked paprika, agave nectar, fresh ginger, and garlic until smooth.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Makes 6 servings (about 1 1/4 cups each).
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 18 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: mediterranean salad, persimmons, vegan salad