The flavors of cinnamon, cardamom, and almonds pair with figs, extra virgin olive oil and wine to create this simple sautéed fruit compote.
- Wash and trim figs; slice in half.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add cinnamon and cardamom.
- Sauté figs in olive oil for about 6-7 minutes until be begin to get tender.
- Add almonds and white wine, sautéing for an additional 2 – 3 minutes, until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 6 servings, 1/2-cup per serving.
This recipe is excellent served over plant-based ice cream or sorbet. It’s also delicious as a topping for pancakes or waffles.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 26 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: vegan fig recipe, fig dessert recipe, vegan fig recipes