- 1 4-ounce pouch Sprout Organic Carrot Apple Mango
- 1 4-ounce pouch Sprout Organic Butternut Chickpea Quinoa & Dates
- 1/4 cups unsweetened, plain plant-based milk (i.e., almond or soy milk)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 ½ cups flour (may use white whole wheat, enriched wheat, or gluten-free flour—or a blend of these flours, as desired)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: ¼ cup chopped walnuts (for older children, or as desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a muffin pan (may use mini-muffin pan or regular muffin pan) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine pouches, plant-based milk, oil, vanilla, maple syrup, chia seeds, and flax seeds in a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer. Mix for 2 minutes and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and walnuts (if using) and stir until just combined, being careful not to overwork the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pans: 9 ¼-cup regular muffins or 19 2-tablespoons muffins in mini-muffin pan.
- Place in the oven and bake about 45-50 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through to desired crispness (cooking less will produce a soft, dense, moist muffin; cooking more will produce a crisp, less moist and dense muffin).
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g