Plant-Based Product Review: Almond Pro Almond Protein Powder
Today I’m reviewing Almond Pro Almond Protein Powder on my blog. You can check out the video of my review here. What I really love about this completely plant-based protein powder is the clean natural taste, which goes along with the main ingredient—almonds. This product is actually made from mostly real almonds. So, it has that really great, mild flavor. And then, being a dietitian, of course I really love the nutritional qualities of this protein powder.
Things to Love about Almond Pro:
- Clean, natural taste
- Great flavors—Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Vanilla
- Plant-based, vegan, and soy-free (in case you have allergies)
- Easy to use: Mix it up with water, or plant-based milk with a shaker or smoothie blender
- Packed with nutrition (2 scoops): 19 grams protein, 80% DV (Daily Value, based on one day’s worth of nutrient needs for average person) of vitamin E, 24% DV of fiber, 20% DV of riboflavin, 20% DV of copper, 40% DV of manganese, 9% DV of potassium, 7% DV of iron, 8% DV of zinc, and 7% DV of niacin.
- It also has less than 1 gram of added sugars per serving, and has only 2 grams of saturated fat, too. Those are two ingredients I try to limit in my diet.
- Along with those nutrients, you get all of those healthy benefits of eating almonds, which have been linked with heart health protection and healthy weight.
While this is a great product to just mix up as a protein supplement for your day, I also love to add a scoop to my smoothies for an extra dose of protein. When you do this, it can be a great meal replacement or healthy snack. Plus, it’s a great way to get your family to eat more veggies! I’m always whipping up healthy smoothies with fruits, greens, plant-based milk, and a scoop of protein powder.
Check out my live video where I reviewed Almond Pro Almond Protein Powder here.
Written by Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN
Images by Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN
This review was supported by Almond Pro.