- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 4-ounce pouches Sprout Organic Berry Grape Smoothie (divided)
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup organic, natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 4.3-ounce pouch Sprout Organic Strawberry Superblend Banana and Butternut Squash Toddler food
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped peanuts.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together chia seeds with 1 pouch Sprout Organic Berry Grape Smoothie and water and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Blend in peanut butter and brown sugar and mix until smooth
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt (optional) just until smooth.
- Spray a 9 x 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread out about two-thirds of the dough on the bottom of the baking dish, patting with fingers to distribute it evenly across the bottom of the dish.
- Spread the remaining pouch of Sprout Organic Berry Grape Smoothie over the dough evenly.
- Drop pieces of the remaining dough over the mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Place in oven and bake for about 55 minutes, until firm and baked through.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes (to set bar), and then slice into bars.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To make this gluten-free, substitute whole wheat flour with a gluten-free flour, such as a gluten-free flour blend or sorghum flour, to make this recipe gluten-free and wheat-free.
May substitute peanut butter with almond butter and peanuts with almonds.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 8 g
Keywords: bars, powerbars, PB &J, peanut butter and jelly